First Time Home Buyers
Many people do not know that first-time home buyers are not only individuals who have never owned a home, but are also individuals who may have owned a home in the past but not within the most recent 3 years. Some people do not want the responsibility of paying a mortgage but, when you pay rent, you are choosing to be responsible for someone else’s mortgage, with the consequence of periodic payment increases. As a matter of fact, have you ever calculated exactly how much of your hard-earned money you have spent paying someone else’s mortgage? Take a look at the chart below:
I know…it’s CRAZY when you break down the numbers. Even at the lowest monthly rent payments, you are still investing tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay someone else’s mortgage. You have to ask permission to paint, hang pictures, personalize the home to suit your lifestyle, and you have no ability to gain equity from making payments and you receive no tax benefits.
We at EXIT Realty Expanded Vision Realty believe that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! We focus on educating our clients and the community in regards to how to put their money in a smart investment for themselves. Every month, we host FREE Renters/Buyers Information Power Hour seminars so we can provide valuable information that will help people become informed and empowered. You will learn about:
- How to purchase a home with minimum out-of-pocket costs
- Down-payment assistance GRANTS that you may qualify for right now;
- Requirements for various loan programs;
- Special financing benefits available to service workers (police officers, firefighters, teachers, doctors/nurses)
- Negotiating for the seller to contribute towards your closing costs;
- FREE assistance with addressing credit items, determining what credit items may/may not count against you, and how eliminating all debt may cause your credit score to drop;
- What questions you should ask when selecting a mortgage lender; and
- The great tax benefits associated with home-ownership.
YOUR needs and YOUR best interests always come FIRST at EXIT Realty Expanded Vision. Helping you purchase a home is not just another transaction or another house sold, it is an opportunity for us to change lives and assist with what is probably the biggest investment you will ever make. It is an investment in a place called home where you will live, find comfort, have a family, entertain friends, and create many happy memories. Our phenomenal team at EXIT Realty Expanded Vision considers it an honor and privilege to build relationships with our clients that last a lifetime. We are patient and we walk you through every step of the home buying process so you never have to wonder what is going on. It is our goal to provide you with superior service that exceeds your expectations, and make your first-time home buying experience the best you will ever have.